Monday, June 21, 2010

Society? What do they know anyway?

I get pissed off sometimes. Pissed off that I'm not farther along in life, then I get pissed that I even give a shit about that.
So many set backs.....so little time.
I feel like I'm on to something though. I don't know what yet, but I'm on to it...I have been my whole life.
I never cared much for peoples perception of me. Some where along the line I started questioning that.
I don't think its getting older, or having kids,or trying to be responsible.
Somewhere in my "fuck society" mind, society crept in.

Yeah,I still ride a skateboard.
No, I don't watch Football
Yeah, my Suburban's name is tank and its a 96 not a 06
No, I don't shave everydayYeah, I'm self-employed
No, I didn't have a long day at the office
Yeah, I rode my board to the garage.

I revisited a few things this past weekend.

Lords Of Dogtown
http://www.zuguide.com/#Lords-of-Dogtown
Never seen it? I suggest you do.

The Lake House
I stared at this Saturday evening and thought....
                                                               " Society? Fuck them."

                                         

6 comments:

john said...

it sounds to me like you have a pretty cool life :)

Carolyn said...

Thank you for finally gracing us with your words wisdom!

Lords of Dogtown--gooood movie.

I was having similar feelings to this last night. I was having a conversation with a friend and I was talking about something that "I" found embarrassing. I even said from society's point of view and thought it was my own opinion.

Needless to say I got very pissed off and realized I don't think that way at all and what the hell is wrong with me?!

So I had a "F society" revelation of my own last night.

Amber said...

Lords of Dogtown? Not a good movie....more like a fucking awesome movie. Loved it so much I had to own that great documentary "Dogtown and Z-Boys".

I have never given a shit what people think of me, and that is why I think most of the time people think I am a bitch. Who cares? Fuck 'em. We both have the great opportunity of being self employed, so we can have that outlook and I think it is okay.

Oh, and living in the South (you should know it what it's like bing a transplant), you are looked at like a freak for not liking football. What do I have to say about that?

Check out my freaky middle finger bitches.

Annah said...

I just quit my job so um, yeah, I can TOTALLY relate with this post. Rock on.

James Canady said...

I love this man. I envy you. You don't conform to society and life's petty things, which so many people find a necessity. And even after all of it, you're still happy. Once again, i envy you.

Starts with one said...

It's a fine balance, man.
You can't take possessions with you, knowing I did it my way, I can take that.