Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This Friday marks two weeks since surgery. I've already had the stitches removed, and I see the surgeon again this week. Depending on how that goes,  I may get out of this leg immobilizer and into a hinged brace. I have not started physical therapy yet. Under normal circumstances I would never look forward to something like that.
Exciting right?
  Now that the pain med haze has started to clear, in no particular order, I knee'd to throw a few things out there.
Being the strong willed lad I am, its surprising Angel has not busted my other knee and left me in bed. If it wasn't for her, my mother and 5 kids....I'm not sure how I would have managed thus far. My families support has, and will continue to be a big motivation through recovery.
 I'm not sure what I thought I would accomplish these past few weeks....I feel like I have done nothing. This one time though, just this once...that's what I am supposed to do. Heal. Recover. Not being really good at "take time for you" and "rest", can pose some challenges.
Trying to stay positive. That seems to be key. This is not permanent, although it feels that way sometimes.
 I have not posted as much as I've wanted. I think for some reason this Little "update" has blocked a few decent posts.
 So with that I will leave you with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws6zCW6zXAM

2 comments:

Cheyelle Omar said...

For me, the trick to healing is to 'let go'. Whether it be mental or physical injuries, once I find the strength to let go, I always start to heal.

I'm sending you out ALL my good vibrations, my dear.

Starts with one said...

Hey your shaking my house;)
Thanks Cheyelle.