Thursday, January 28, 2010

Then i had this fleeting thought during a early morning cigarette......

 When i got over the initial shock of being unemployed, I somehow fooled myself into thinking I would have a new job in a week or two. Well that's not really the case. I made countless calls, mailed resumes, followed up and nothing. Nothing at all.
It seems like my days are just blending together. I try really hard to not let that happen. Trying to re-discover things you like or want to do can be a scary adventure. It feels like i have less time with my family then i did when working. Your constantly scanning the horizon for change, a chance, a way to take care of  the people you love. Then i had this fleeting thought during a early morning cigarette......
What if i never have a traditional job again? What if i don't want to sweat for someone else anymore? What if i don't want to crawl on my hands and knees. I don't want to fix the work that's been undone anymore.
The more I'm out of the 9-5, the more i reject everything its about. I think I always have. Its not to say if offered a job, i wont take it. Out of desperation. The whole world is spinning out of control. The government just sits back and watches us try to recover. Well i wont recover the way they want me too.
 I could survive and live happy on my terms or live just to survive..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dreams become your Goals...
Goals become your Acommplishments...

Listen to the soft gentle inner voice that is inside of you. There you will find peace and direction. Let that start you on the path that you want to be on and create your lifes journey. Modifiy your steps each time that you need to.
Expect to stumble here and there as you walk your own path. If you do not stumble occassionaly than you would not be able to distinguish the good times from the bad.
Life is not meant to be perfeckt. It is through the flaws of our lives that we grow. We learn to love and we learn appreciation. If you do not learn these things,than you miss the lesson.
You are right don't crawl any more. Stand up, stand strong and expect some minor controversy here and there. You may subject yourself in pursuit of your dreams, to criticsm and judgement. But, it does not mean you have to listen or stop yourelf from growing. Most importantly expect to succceed on your terms.
As to say the world is spinning out of control well, to some degree you are right. But, we can strive to fix what is in our world. Which leads you back to your path, your life and the lives that you share with your family.
Step back a moment and check out the view.
Take a deep breath and rethink your plans. Get so deeply determined that nothing will stop you. You do not have to have all the answers right away.Be patient with yourself and those around you.
You need to listen to the softly spoken inner voice inide of you. Follow that to your dreams and your accomplishments will follow...

Small Footprints said...

Wonderful post ... you've captured what so many people are thinking right now. Your post made me realize that hard economic times are also the birth place of imagination and creativity ... those who have lost their "traditional" jobs are getting creative and coming up with new definitions of "work". Brilliant!

I choose option (a) ... "survive and live happy on my terms".

I'm off to read your other posts ... really like your writing style (and I'm now a followers). :)

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Starts with one said...

Thank you.
I found your blog through someone else s (forgot who's). I'm following you too. I have something to do on Wednesday now.